Thursday, March 12, 2009

Bedroom Set

I got the chance to refinish a beautiful bedroom set for a client. It was a little bit of a mess when I got it, but it turned out gorgeous. Here are a few of the befores:

It was originally a stained wood finish, then it had all been painted black. The headboard and part of the dresser had stripper applied but never scraped off.
The client wanted creamy white with lots of dark glaze and distressing.

The results:



Dresser (yes, I know some hardware is missing, they had it at home)

Two nightstands

The project also included the side rails for the bed.
I am not a photographer and I wish I knew how to get all the detail to show up in the picture. The glaze on these was rubbed in and really created some beautiful dimension and gave them a nice time-worn look. The client is in the process of moving, but promised to send some pictures when she is settled and has everything all set up and put together. I can't wait!
Thanks Ashley! I hope you loved the result as much as I did:)


  1. Amazing!!!! LOVE IT!!!! I so need your advice on some stuff at my house.

  2. You are amazing! They look like they're straight from a catalog!!! I LOVE it!!!