Monday, May 9, 2011

Another Essential Tool

Oh how I love my flatiron.  For many of us it is, indeed, an essential tool for pretty, smooth hair.  Or in my case, it is essential to at least look as though I made an attempt at pretty, smooth hair, whether that's the  actual outcome or not.

 Now here's my secret confession:  Sometimes I use it to iron things other than my hair.  Really.  My mom is an awesome ironer. She taught us all well.  You should see my brother in ironing action.  Me, I'm lazier about it. I only do the deed when completely necessary, and not always then.  Plus, ironing wrinkles with my flatiron saves me some steps. I believe it's called multi-tasking, people. When standing in front of the mirror doing my hair, I have been known to use my flatiron to straighten bunched up ruffles on a shirt that is already on my body or de-curl the neck of Tyler's polo as he is wearing it. See?  Timesaver.  It's pretty awesome.  I'm sure I'm not the first and only person to do this, but I may be the first person to ever blog about it.  Plus,  I feel pretty smart for figuring it out for myself.
 
Why am I blabbing about this ridiculous topic, you ask? Because it slightly pertains here. A couple days ago as I was working on a project I realized I was again flaunting my lazy.  A recycled ribbon that I already had attached to the wall was crinkled and creased. It looked yucky. Obviously, I didn't want to take it down it AND iron it AND re-hang it. Way too many steps. Enter the fabulous flatiron.
See that? A beautiful, crisp ribbon in no time flat.
And we all know that a pretty, wrinkle-free ribbon is way better than a creased one.  Our moms said so.

Stay tuned in the next few to see the rest of the project.  I hope it lives up.

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!




3 comments:

  1. Love your blog, you are so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. my friend uses her flat-iron to keep the creases in her shirt sleeves! :)

    ReplyDelete