Tuesday, February 8, 2011

So I may or may not be obsessed with rugs right now. I think it has something to do with looking at every single one on the internet while trying to decide what do with my kitchen rug. In the throws of my search I came across this:

Camila from Effortless Style created this awesome DIY rug for her house using regular old fabric, a canvas dropcloth, and a rug gripper. When I saw it for the first time, I couldn't believe I hadn't thought of it! Well, ok, I actually can believe it never occured to me. It is pure genious, after all. Granted, it might not stand up too well to kids or super high traffic, but I happen to have one, seriously-just one, low traffic area where this idea would be perfect! I already have some fabric I think would work well and the spot where I envision it actually already has a rug, I'm just sort of over it. I wish I could think of a way to just cover what's already there, the trouble is that the current rug is shag. So now I've got to put on my thinking cap and see if I can figure something out. I know. That sounds dangerous. Sort of like, "Hey, there's smoke coming from your thinking cap!" Wish me luck and stay tuned!


Also coming up, this ugly duckling ugly no more!



Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment