Saturday, April 23, 2011

Sometimes I don't know what I'm talking about.  When Kristen first contacted me about refinishing her desk, I told her I don't strip and re-stain pieces. Its really time consuming and hard to get it right.  I tried to talk her into staining just the top and painting the apron and legs.  But this desk is special to her and she knew what she wanted.  She stuck to her guns and I'm so glad she did!  I think it turned out beautifully.

Before
 She wanted it re-stained either the color it originally was- a light cherry- or darker.  I took it a few steps darker but stayed in the cherry family.  The stain I used was called Black Cherry.
 I highlighted the details with some black glaze and added poly for protection as always.

Thanks for the challenge Kristen!  I hope you love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment