A kind of long while ago the very sweet Caroline from cw frosting awarded me with the Kreative Blogger Award! How flattering is that?! I sincerely apologize that it has taken me so long to aknowledge this kind award. With summer here, things have been crazy.
Thank You Thank You Thank You Caroline!
In order to participate, the rules, I believe, are that I tell 10 things about myself, and bestow the award to 10 deserving blogs, who then do the same. Scroll down to visit the worthy recipients :)
For my version of 10 Things About Me (which is I'm sure way more boring info than you want to know) I'm going to fess up and tell you about my addictions. Serious addictions. I have a lot of them. Its a problem.
Pepsi, Pepsi, and more Pepsi. Ah Sweet Nectar. Sad but true: a Pepsi with a good burn is often what gets me through the day.
2. Flip flops and sandals. While I can (try to) totally rock a nice boot or heel, I have a super casual life and as a result have developed a major weakness for cute flip flops and/or sandals. If I didn't live in Utah, I would wear them every single day of the year, and have divided them all into two categories-"dressy" (non-rubber) and "regular" (rubber). Of he several pairs that I've recently purchased, these are my current favorites-Dressy bronze leather (faux, probably) with bronze flowers from Old Navy.
3. Sugar. Need to get a handle on this one. Anything sweet, especially baked. Especially chocolate. But really, anything with lots of sugar will do.
4. My IPhone. I used to be really, really annoyed that my husband's phone is permanently attached to his hand. Also, I swore I never wanted a smartphone. Why on earth would I need the Internet on my phone? For all my super important meetings? Cut to this past Christmas, when he talked me into one. Oh boy. LOVE. Pretty sure that I can never go back.
5. Bravo TV. The Real Housewives. Any of them. I know, its trashy. Its a total waste of time. I shouldn't. But that's what makes it soooo good.
6. The big wide world of design blogging. As we all know, be careful. If you get sucked in, you will never be the same again. Large chunks of time will disappear from your day. Its awesome and inspiring and awesome some more. So much pretty. So much talent.
7. Design magazines. I'm far from professional, but I could drink up just about anything to do with design. And as much as I love blogs, there's just something about being able to hold the magazine in your hand and flip the pages.
8. Country music. The good and the cheesy. I love pretty much any music, but I grew up on country and its still my fav. I might be partly hick. Oh well.
Yep, I'm totally down with Alabama:)
9. Old crappy furniture and paint. I know that seems like two addictions, but for me they go hand in hand, and have for years.
10. Going to the movies. Hands down one of my favorite things to do. I make it a point to go to a late show with my sister and sis-in-law on a regular basis. Those girls are fun. My sister has been known to sneak an entire box of eclairs in her purse. Not that we would eat an entire box. Ha! Guess you'll never know.
So now you know my weaknesses. Some of them.
And here are the 10 lovely bloggers who are more than award-worthy themselves: